2.06.2024

i guess i was always right 
yanno 
about not being wanted 

a 14 yo SATC watching Sarah  
watching me 
turn 28 
and still not spend a night
next to a someone 
who would watch me 
and want 

now he's gone 
a whisper to the wind

just like a girl
it's not like i wanted 
him 

just on my couch 
a body to perch next to 

i just wonder what 
i said 
that got him 
to do it 

was it my question asking 
my mouth 

the way i said
"you'll find someone" 

was it my belly 
or my burden  

or maybe making
him buy my drink 
confidently 
an act i didn't have down

i'm starting to think 
it was all of it 
wasn't it? 
not just the parts 

my indecisiveness 
my talking off the cuff 
my oh my oh my 

the things 
and the betweens
the middle
and the ends 

it was all there 

but i still picture 
you in my apt 
even now
that we don't talk 

it's only been 4 days 
but it might as well be 4 years 

i know it 
yanno 
that's the thing 
i know it 






No comments:

Post a Comment