12.05.2023

imu

how many times is too many 
to remind you 
how much 
ily
when i only pretend 

that your mine  

it was scary 
to show my guts 
to lift up my shirt 
to read off a paper 
a prewritten text 
a version of my story 
that i'm starting to believe 

one that is cold 
sanitized 
unhysterical 

it makes sense 
even when my thoughts 
and my whispers do not

and it doesn't feel 
~spectacular~ 

it doesn't feel 
~risky~
enough 
to have been born from pain 

because 
i'm an adult now 
i guess 
and i'm sad i'm starting to do things 
that are generic 
that i'm becoming 

because all the things i ever wanted 
and the things i fling my body 
after 
are 
all 
designed 
to 
ruin --

and not in the way that insights ~prose~ 

my dreams are shrinking 
and the worlds 
in my worlds 
in my worlds 
are disappearing 

but rather, the other way 

i'm seeing ~logistically~
that i don't have time 
to 
be 
emotional

and i don't miss it 
feeling 

it feels better without
driving ahead 
laser focus 
tight curves & edges 

colors
& sounds 
& stories 
are losing their meaning 

as i'm losing mine 


No comments:

Post a Comment